Raith Rovers FC have joined with Mike Reilly of Police Scotland, and Laura Pearson from Fife Violence Against Women Partnership (FVAWP) to offer their support to the 16 days of Activism to End Violence Against Women campaign, which began on 25th November and runs to 10th December 2022.
A local programme of events is being pulled together by FVAWP, a group of organisations who work together to address and tackle Violence Against Women in Fife.
FVAWP use the Scottish Government definition of Violence Against Women and Girls, which refers to a range of actions that harm or cause suffering and indignity to women and children.
This includes (but is not limited to) rape, sexual assault, domestic abuse, sexual harassment, bullying and intimidation and honour-based violence.
Partnering with White Ribbon Scotland, FVAWP want to raise awareness that most men do not commit violence against women, but that all men have a role in ending it.
If we all start by making a pledge never to commit, condone or remain silent about men’s violence against women in all its forms, that will make a huge difference.
Speaking up about violence is one aspect of Police Scotland’s latest sexual crime prevention campaign – That Guy. It asks men to change their attitudes, language and behaviours towards women, as well as challenging those of their peers, to help affect a culture change to tackling sexual crime against women.
What you can to do to give your support
- Watch and share the That Guy video
- Wear a white ribbon, available at the Stark’s Park turnstiles before the game v Morton on the 10th of December 2022.
- Pledge never to commit, condone or remain silent about men’s violence against women in all its forms.
- Join an online workshop on Bystander Theory to find out about becoming an active bystander in your community. Led by White Ribbon Scotland on Wednesday 7th December, 6:30pm on Zoom using Meeting ID: 869 3159 5560 Passcode: 020101.
- Look over the programme and book into any of the campaign events that are of interest to here: https://tinyurl.com/3uwcdbry
- Share the programme with your family, friends, work circles and social networks.
- Support the campaign on social media. Using #16DaysFife and #WhatNext
Anything you can do will make a difference. Thank you for your help in creating a positive change in Fife.