An exciting position has become available at Raith Rovers FC for a Physio/Sports Therapist (Full Time).
The Job Profile for this position is as follows:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design, planning and delivery of a comprehensive physiotherapy service for the 1st Team, consistent with the football club philosophy and focused on maximising the potential of all players.
- Ensure that all practice within the physiotherapy department is delivered to the highest professional standard, consistent with the application of current scientific principles/research and is set at all times within the context of the game.
- Undertake on going monitoring and review of all aspects of the physiotherapy service provision, adapting and updating practice as required.
- Maintain detailed and comprehensive player profiles and medical notes.
- Creation of a high-performance environment, operating to the highest professional standards at all times – with no compromise.
Management of Injuries
- Lead the provision of physiotherapy services across the 1st Team squad.
- Standardise the management of injuries by leading in the development and structure of injury rehabilitation and return to play guidelines.
- Ensure the management of injuries effectively meet its commitments to the players, coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
- Liaise effectively with the 1st Team coaching staff daily to keep them informed of players’ availability for development matches and training.
- Work as part of the Performance Support Services interdisciplinary team to deliver effective injury prevention strategies.
- Lead the musculoskeletal profiling for all 1st Team players and integrate the results into the overall player development plan.
Medical Provision at Matches/Training Sessions/Training Camps
- To provide emergency and physiotherapy match day cover for all 1st Team games when required.
- To plan, organise and implement the emergency and physiotherapy service provision for all 1st Team training sessions and training camps.
- To ensure all medical equipment and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained.
- To ensure that an emergency action plan is in place prior to any Home & Away fixture for 1st Team fixtures.
- Take an active role in all Performance Support Services meetings and any other planned meetings.
- Any other reasonable administration tasks associated with the running of the department.
Continuous Professional Development
- Take part in any in-service training sessions.
- Strive to advance working practices both within the department and in the wider sports physiotherapy setting by undertaking any in-house or external research project aimed at furthering our understanding performance.
- Assist when necessary the in the delivery of lifestyle educational sessions for players.
- Ability to work irregular and unsociable hours as required, to have an understanding that work maybe subject to change with less than 24 hours’ notice on occasions. Work will regularly be outside normal working hours, in the evening and on weekends and bank holidays.
- Travel with overnight stays should be expected on occasion.
- An understanding of and commitment of fair play and all national and international anti-doping policies as enforced by the Scottish Football Association.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- ATMMiF Level 5 or First Aid Qualification Equivalent
- CSP/HCPC Registered
- MSc in Manual Therapy, Sport Physiotherapy, Sports & Exercise Medicine or equivalent
- AACP Registration
- Certified Sports First Aid Course (SFA Approved)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Experience of working in a similar role within a professional football club multidisciplinary team at Development or 1st team level.
- Experience of a role that required athlete management with a detailed understanding of injury prevention and rehabilitation strategies.
- Highly skilled in communicating complex data in terms that are easily understood by a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to adapt to the environment to motivate behavioural change and augment performance.
- Evidence of recent CPD and a comprehensive CPD portfolio.
- Reports to: Football Club Manager
CONTACT: For informal confidential discussion please contact Football Operations Manager Allan Halliday on 07725199773.
APPLICATION: Please send covering letter and CV by email to Raith Rovers Director Susan Simpson: susan.simpsonraithrovers.net
CLOSING DATE: 9th December 2022