The plans for season 2021-22 are already underway, but the work to improve Stark’s Park has continued throughout the close season.
Whilst the management and staff prepare for a tilt at the SPFL Championship title this season, with the aim of going one step further than last season, work on the stadium itself is also being stepped up.
Contractors have already been busy for the past few weeks, repainting the steelwork on the underside of the main stand roof, and attention has now turned to the much needed upgrade (and replacement) of the stadium floodlighting system.
Engineers from Sports Lighting specialists Halliday are well underway with the initial work of removing the old floodlights from the lighting gantries on the Penman Family Stand and the Val McDermid Stand in preparation for the long awaited installation of brand new LED lights.
The work will see 14 LED panels installed on each of the four gantries which will bring the output from the system up to approved European competition levels, and to facilitate the lower lighting levels required for training sessions and lower level matches.
The new system will also be more adaptable, as the lights will be ‘dimmable’ to lower lighting levels which will make the significant cost of running the system more economic and also help to lower the clubs “Green Footprint”.
Amongst other upgrades that have been completed (or are well underway) at the stadium recently are:
- Preparatory work and spring-clean of the ground for supporters returning.
- Extensive electrical work throughout the stadium to bring us up to standard within SFA guidelines.
- Painting of the Turnbull Hutton Stand, struts and support beams
- Replacement of seats in the McDermid Stand
- Painting of concourses in both The Penman Family and McDermid Stands.
- Installation of stadium Wi-Fi
- Installation of security CCTV
- Demolition and replacement of Main Stand Press Box for RaithTV commentary.