When the football season was first put on hold in mid-March, this created a huge financial pressure on the club. In response, many fans got in touch to ask how they could help support their club through this difficult time.
To make sure this was done in the right way, the club made moves to quickly put in place formal ways to contribute for those in a position to do so.
This began with a crowdfunding appeal on JustGiving, with an initial sum of £25,000 announced as the target. This amount was achieved far quicker than had been anticipated and a revised target of £50,000 was achieved by the middle of April.
Meanwhile, other donations have come in – either through the Donate A Ticket scheme, auctions and other individual donations. In total, we’re now very close to reaching six figures in donations!
With the 2019/20 season now behind us, and with discussions ongoing to the shape of the new season, we’d like to raise the target once again. We’re now looking to reach £100,000.
Raith Rovers Director Andy Mill gave a detailed breakdown on the amounts raised so far, and said, “The generosity of the Raith Rovers supporters never ceases to amaze me. A tremendous amount of work has been done by supporters groups and individuals throughout the lockdown and has resulted in the raising of £95,944!“
This total is just £4,056 short of the target figure of £100,000, and is made up as follows (each can still be added to by supporters that are able to assist)….
1) The JustGiving website has been set a revised target of £70,000, with £55,200 raised so far. Supporters can continue to donate at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/raithroversfc
2) The Donate a Ticket fundraising scheme has raised £15,509 to date at https://donateaticket.com/donate/raith-rovers/
3) The Raith Supporters’ Fund continues to attract new contributors, with an overall net increase in contributions since mid March standing at £2,290.
You can continue to sign up, or increase your monthly contribution, to the Raith Supporters’ Fund (full details here). With this method, every £10 contributed will earn a prize draw entry with a chance to win 3 prizes including the star prize of £1,000 every quarter.
4) Other donations have been made direct to the football club’s bank account and Paypal totalling £22,945. This has been achieved through eBay auctions of signed shirts, character name auctions for Val McDermid’s new crime thriller Still Life, Legends & Supporters Memorial tiles and many more outstanding efforts by supporters.
You can make a one-off donation directly to our Bank Account:
Sort Code: 82-66-01
You can make a donation from your Paypal account here.
On the payment page, please:
1) Untick Paying for goods or a service
2) Write “Donation” in the “Add a note” section.
We would, once again, like to thank all those that have contributed during this difficult time and hope to see you all back at Stark’s Park as soon as it is safely possible.