Team Pd GD Pt
1 Dundee United 24 35 51
2 Raith Rovers 24 11 50
3 Partick Thistle 24 7 38
4 Morton 24 6 36
5 Ayr United 25 -11 29
6 Dunfermline Athletic 24 -6 28
7 Airdrieonians 23 -6 28
8 Queen's Park 25 -12 27
9 Inverness CT 25 -2 26
10 Arbroath 24 -22 20
Updated: 24th Feb

Sad Passing of Philip Burn

Friday March 30th 2012

Raith Rovers FC have regretfully learned of the death of Philip Burn on Saturday, who played with the club from 1988-1992.

Born in 1969, Philip had been an ‘S’ form signing at Leicester City and was signed by Frank Connor in August 1988 from Hutcheson Val. Right away he was dispatched to Lochgelly Albert on a delayed transfer where the majority of Rovers’ reserve side played on a Saturday afternoon.

An attack minded midfielder, he was called up to the first team at the end of 1988/89. He made his debut as an 83rd minute substitute

Philip Burn - 1991/92

Philip Burn - 1991/92

for Stevie Simpson and ended the game with a 3 – 0 win over Clydebank at Stark’s Park on 29th April. He then made his full debut a week later when Raith won 1 – 0 against Morton at Cappielow.

In his four and a half years at Raith Rovers, Philip made a total of 87 appearances, scoring 6 goals in the process, including the winning goal in a friendly over Rangers in August 1990.

The arrival of Peter Hetherston saw Philip’s chances of first team action curtailed somewhat -his final appearance being the Fife Cup Final victory over Dunfermline Athletic on 26th July 1992 at Bayview. He remained at the club, playing in the reserves during the first half of Raith’s march to the First Division Championship. He was transferred to Ballymena United in November 1992, spending a spell on loan at Coleriane. He later returned to Scotland to play in Lothian junior football circles, most notably with Armadale Thistle where he played with Rovers legends Bobby Ford and Murray McDermott.

Aged 43, Philip died peacefully in his sleep on Saturday 24th March after battling illness for some time.

His funeral will take place at Warriston Crematorium Large Hall, Edinburgh on Monday April 2 at 1pm. The family welcome everyone along but have asked that no flowers are taken to the crematorium.

Everyone at Raith Rovers sends their condolences to Philip’s family and friends at this very sad time.


Rovers take a 1-0 lead against Rangers in the Premier League game at Stark's Park with Stevie Crawford scoring after 15 minutes. But late goals from Ferguson (70) and Durie (78) give Rangers the 3 points.
On This Day