Rovers Women’s Day on 7th March 2020 vs Forfar Athletic is about thanking the women who make the club; the players in Raith Womens and Girls FC squads, the senior team, the fans, the backroom staff, the technical team and the Mums who are there on the sidelines after being the taxi service to training. And of course, we would love to say a massive welcome to everyone who wants to come along, or be brought along, to the game for the first time and join us at our pre – match event.
Or, if you know someone who hasn’t been in a while and fancy a great afternoon get them to come along………
“Just come along, there are lots of us who are around to welcome new faces.”
The match day will include:
- Pre match meet up before the game for women supporters new and old, to chat and share ideas (full details to follow)
- Continued support of the ‘On The Ball’ campaign to get free sanitary products in football grounds around the UK (https://onthebaw.com/). With the club’s support, the Community Foundation make sure this happens at Stark’s Park
- Free international women’s day goodie bag for the first 150 woman and girls entering the ground, including a 10% discount voucher for the club shop
- RaithTV coverage – RaithTV have spoken to some of our first team staff about the influential women in their footballing lives, as well as to a selection of the women members of staff and volunteers who help keep the show on the road
- A match day programme bringing together all the regular female contributors and some special guests to jam pack the read with excellent women writers and interviews. Including an interview with Scotland Women’s Manager, Shelley Kerr, and of course plenty of information on Raith Women and Girls. (Check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RRLGFC/)
- Plus, more………..
If you have any ideas, or would like to help the organising team, please contact Carol Alison Smith (carolalisonicloud.com). We’d like to thank Sandy Duncan and Rovers Down South for again sponsoring this season’s event and their continued hard work and support behind the scenes.