We have two, very different, volunteer opportunities available.
Rovers Digest Writer
The Rovers Digest is a key method of communication between the club and our fans. Released every Friday, the email newsletter summarises key news items from the previous week as well as looking forward to the week ahead.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to come on board as writer for the Rovers Digest.
Writing is completed throughout the week (depending on what is going on) but must be complete by Thursday evening around 9pm, taking in total around 60 – 90min to complete. All work is done online and so will be completed at home. Your task, as writer, will be to complete short articles on the topics chosen by the media team each week. These are mostly summarised versions of articles on raithrovers.net or from social media. Each edition of the digest is then edited late on a Thursday evening and early Friday so a quick turnaround is essential.
The successful candidate should be over 16 years old and have:
- Strong computer knowledge and skills.
- Access to a computer (cannot be completed on a tablet/smartphone)
- A good grasp of the English language and ability to structure an article or proof read an article.
- The ability to use a web based publishing package (training can be provided)
- Good communication skills.
- Availability on Thursday evenings
If you would like the opportunity to become part of the team then please email Ali.moreraithrovers.net with some details about your relevant skills.
Lotto Seller – South Stand Concourse
The Rovers Super Lotto is a valuable source of income for the club and an excellent way for supporters to contribute to the club whilst also having the opportunity to win up to £25,000.
We are currently seeking a matchday volunteer to assist in the selling of Rovers Super Lotto tickets on the South Stand Concourse pre-match and at half time for all home games.
The role would be from 2pm to 3pm and at half time on matchdays and would involve selling Rovers Super Lotto tickets to supporters as well as encouraging regular payments to the lotto by standing order.
The successful candidate should be over 16 and have:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Confidence in selling to the public and handling money
- Good admin skills for completion of paperwork
- Availability on home matchdays
If you would like the opportunity to become part of the team then please email Ali.moreraithrovers.net